Single Male wants children and HIV+

I have been positive for about 10 years now, and desparately want children. I am single and interested in IVF using a seragate and a egg donor. If this something that I can do? Another question, my doctor took me off my meds about 2 years ago, I have since moved to another state and have not found a new doctor (I live in Chicago). I know that if I want a child my viral load and cd4 count has to be low, for a good result if I use sperm washing. Does anyone know any good doctors in the area where I can get tested or any free clinics I can go to in Chicago. Thanks for your time.

The costs of assisted reproduction are quite high and there are no data on HIV infected men having children with egg donors and surrogates that I am aware of. Most of the studies of IVF have been done in Europe and have involved serodiscordant couples.

In order to find a clinic in Chicago you can try the American Academy of HIV Medicine website. Here is the link. Best of luck.

Off meds and problems
Can DoctorsTell how someone got HIV?