Am I anemic?
Jun 22, 2004
My Doctor tells me that I'm not anemic but I think I am. My RBC is 3.57, Hematocrit is 34.7, and Hemoglobin is 11.5. They are all below normal. However when I asked my Dr. if I'm anemic he explains that my Hematocrit is only slightly out of range therefore I'm not. Is this accurate?
Response from Dr. Pierone
It looks like you do have a mild anemia. Labs differ in their cut-off levels, but these numbers are on the low side. It always a good idea to get a trend, see what the previous levels were, and plan to have a repeat test done to confirm.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling Lips After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hiv From Sharing Cigarettes?
- Can You Get HIV From Sharing Foods Or Drinks?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.