Newly diagnosed

I have been diagnosed as being HIV positive. I have a skin lesion on right shoulder and will have it biopsied soon. I am anxious because my appt is not until July 22nd! I am woried about timing and how long it will take before I become sick! HELP!

One of the greatest issues with a new diagnosis of HIV infection is the uncertainty that goes with the territory. If you have your doctor at least order a CD4 count and viral load in a timely manner (we can get results back in 3 days) you will have a general sense of where you stand. I assume that July 22nd is the earliest you can get in to see an HIV specialist. If you are not sick now the chance of getting sick in the next 30 days is quite low. Good luck!

Alternative Treatment
Cryptosporidium