Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thank you
Jun 19, 2004

Hi doctors and Nelson at thebody.com.

Last january i got the message that i am infected (probably last summer/fall). 50 years old, gay, managed to avoid that wild tiger in the jungle for more than 20 years of aids in our community. But one day i did not follow the usual pattern of safe behavior, as too many gays does these days, and it hit me.

I fell into a deep darkness for some months, a time when you the crew at thebody.com gave me knowledge, hope, realism with your way of caring for people around the world through these pages. You have done a lot for me, each one of you, and been there every day when i checked for new questions and answers. Slowly i am leaving the darkness behind me, as it seems, and start to look at the future with hope and plans.

I am getting more strength, mentally - though some days still can be as nights. And i have started to work with hiv prevention in the gay community, to try and help other gay men who have problems finding back to the safe patterns of behavior, thinking they will be able to avoid that hungry tiger.

So you people make a difference. A huge difference. Your attitude inspire me.

I just wanted to say that, to thank you, each one of you, for being there. Behind your analysis, your advices, the choices you give, your no bullshit answers, i feel you have this genuine whish to help through your knowledge and experience.

This was not a question this time, i just wanted to thank you all. Thomas

(Physically i am doing ok for the moment, no need for medication yet & with good numbers, except for those 50 years...)

Response from Dr. Young

Thanks for your comments.

I hope that the future brings you happiness and good health. BY

Previous
Which treatment to choose when VL > 750000 ?
Next
thinking of having a baby with positive partiner

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.