Drop AZT and abacavir

Hi....I'm considering a switch from Trizivir and Viread to Emtriva, Sustiva, and Viread...anything that I need to really think about? I really want to drop AZT and abacavir....I'm undetectable with t-cells in the 650 range, but I hate AZT. Please give me any insight...Many thanks, Jeff

Response from Dr. Lee

It does seem a little odd to HATE a medicine that seems to be helping you survive. (Of course, all medicines can have side effects. But you haven't said you have any specific concerns, only that you hate one drug. So I don't know if your suggested changes will avoid whatever you wish to avoid.) Without further information, I don't understand what the specific problem is for you. But on the other hand, it also seems odd to be on 4 medicines from one class (ie nucleosides) rather than on medicine from two classes. Your suggested change to a two class & three drug combo sounds ok. Talk to your doc. Best wishes on remaining undetectable!

Be well.

Just Started Treatment
My doctor broke up with me