Winrho

winRho IV is indicated for ITP and WinRho IM for suppression of isoimmunization. Is there any indication of WinRho IM for ITP?. Medicare is paying for it although I have not seen any medical indication. I am confused. Please clarify

I am not aware that WinRho can be used by the IM (intramuscular) route for ITP. ITP stands for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, which is a reduction in platelets that may occur in some people with HIV infection.

The IM route is used for the lower dosage of WinRho that is used in pregnant women to prevent development of Rh antibodies after delivery of an Rh positive infant (if mother is Rh negative).

Starting Meds
Shouls I continue treatment of Primary HIV infection.