first lab results in first five weeks?

Ive been on treatment for 5 weeks now on sustiva viread and emtriva originally my vl was 44000 and t cell of 12 my test came back vl of 60 and t cell of 34 while Im excited that I went down to 60vl allmost undetectable in five weeks Im a little worried that my tcell only went up to 34 is that not to good and how can I help boost that number of 34 thank you very much

Thanks for your question.

You're viral load response is excellent and a very important prognostic indictator. I'm not too concerned about the CD4 count, as it takes longer to see improvement in the immune measures. Basically, the viral load tells us about the potential ongoing injury-- it takes longer for injury to heal, whether it's a cut, a burn or HIV-induced immune damage.

Stay with the adherence, I'll bet that the CD4 numbers will follow.

Good luck, BY

CD4s jumped 300 pts and viral load increased 100,000???
side effects when starting treatment