tenofovir & valacyclovir

I was dx with HIV and genital herpes about two and a half years ago. Just this week I was advised by my GP that my CD4/viral load numbers are such that I need to go to meds asap. He suggested tenofovir/ efavirenz/ lamivudine. My concern is about the interaction that might develop between the tenofovir and the valacyclovir. I take the valacyclovir (suppression therapy) for genital herpes. What do you know about the interactions of these two medications? Many thanx for your insights.

Sincerely, Tige

Tige, thanks for your question.

As far as I'm aware, there are no significant known interactions between valacyclovir and your HIV medications.

The suggested HIV regimen should prove to be very potent and very well tolerated.

Good luck, BY

confused state of mind
research study