Hiv positive man who wants a child

I am a 26 year old male with hiv. I lost my only child a while back, and always dreamed of having another child when the time was right. Well the time has come but with a kink in my over all plan. I have been hiv pos for over a year now, currently on no med, but doing extreamly well.

My question to you is, are there any options to having a naturally born child again, and what are they.

Thank you for your time

Eric,

San Fran

Successful studies have been done in Europe for sperm washing and artificial insemination for couples that want children, but don't want to transmit HIV to the female parter or infant.

I recently received a brochure from The Center for Women's Reproductive Care at Columbia University regarding discordant couples that want to have children. Here is the link to their web site.

This is the only program in the U.S. that I am aware of, although their must be others. The researchers at Columbia would probably know who else is involved. Thanks for posting.

7-7 clinical study
phase II medications: will they ever make it?