HIV+ What to ask at first appointment

I am about to have my first appointment with my doctor after testing positive for HIV. I have had an extensive blood workup and baseline CXR prior to this appointment and expect the results to be available at this upcoming appointment. Do I sit back and listen only, or cam you provide a few important questions that I may pose to my provider that may be of future benefit to me as things progress. Thank you

For your part it makes sense to listen and see what he/she says about the results. Some important questions include:

The CD4 count, percentage and CD4/CD8 ratio. Viral load. Discuss any other abnormal lab results. Hepatitis A,B,C status (may not be available at first visit) Syphilis status. At what point does your doctor recommend initiation of therapy? Does the doctor take care of many other patients with HIV or are you the third case (yikes)? Are there clinical trials available or at lease some linkages to investigative sites?

One of the most important elements of this visit is the question (based on your overall impressions), is this someone that you would trust your life to?

Best of luck!

The Q and your response on the PubMed articel on cortisol and geographic tongue
1st time regimen - Zerit vs Viread