new combo advice

I just moved to get assistance for my meds...I have been off my last combo for 7 months now, and my viral load has skyrocketed. I was on kaletra, sustiva, and ddi...but I became resistant to sustiva. I would like to take Rayetaz but don't know what other combination I should take with that...any suggestions? I've been poz for 17 years w/o any problems thanks...

Response from Dr. Lee

Unsure why you were on three classes of meds, but that is sometimes done when other meds have failed. If that is the case, you might not want to move to Reyataz, but rather stick to Kaletra with a combination of nucleosides such as Zerit or Retrovir with Epivir.

Most important is for you to find a doc you can ask these questions of and get some close follow-up.

Be well.

Comparing liver effects of drugs
After 5 months on meds, I stopped.