PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN

SIR THANKS FOR YOUR EARLIER REPLIES.

I JUST DETECTED TWO WEEKS AGO THAT I AM HIV+. I AM AS HEALTHY AS EARLIER AND I HAVE N PROBLEM AS SUCH. I AM LITTLE SCARED OF GOING FOR CD4 TEST AS I DONT WANT TO JUDGE AS TO WHERE DO I STAND NOW AND TAKE UNNECESSARY STRESS. I AM TAKING ALL TH PRECAUTIONS SUGGESTED BY COUNSELLOR. I WOULD REQUEST YOU TO MAIL ME THE PRECAUTIONS WHICH I NEED TO TAKE. AND IF I AM ALL RIGHT DO U THINK I NEED TO GO FOR CD4 TEST NOW AS I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT MEDICATION IS NOT SUGGESTED AT THE EARLY STAGE BUT ONCE HIV TURNS TO AIDS THEN ONLY MEDICATION SHOULD BE STARTED.

Thank you for your post.

Simply stated, the best long-term health precaution you can take at this point is to find out what your CD4 count is. This information should not be seen as stressful, but rather as providing peace of mind (assuming that the tests don't reveal a low count).

Should you have a low count, knowing that you do will enable you to make educated, rather than ignorant, decisions about what to do about your health.

After knowing your CD4 count, a viral load test, HIV drug resistance test and TB test are part of my database for my patients; hepatitis and pneumonia vaccinations are also part of a good preventive medicine strategy.

Hope this helps, BY

cd4, VL and treatment follow-up
South African Treatment