Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Feel Like Crap
Jun 2, 2004

I was diagnosed Positive about 2 months ago and my last labs were cD4T - 964 and VL 29,260. I have good days and bad, nodes in my neck are a real pain, not visibly noticable tho. I feel nauseous, light headed and jitterty some days, other days I feel like I could run a marathon. I am in very good shape and am on a supplement program to make certain I eat well. What can be done for the days when I feel like crap? I certainly done want to start the heavy meds sooner than I have to, but is there anything you can suggest? Thanks for your help, all you guys on this site are saints for helping out like this.

Response from Dr. Pierone

There are so many different things that can produce symptoms of nausea, jitteriness, and dizziness that it is difficult to know what to say. Some days I drink too much coffee and have these exact symptoms, so who knows? The lymph nodes are almost certainly related to HIV infection and generally are painless and a minor nuisance (but not always).

It really comes down to the question, how many of the days are bad versus good days? If the good days outnumber the bad and the trend is towards one of overall improvement, then practice sensible health habits and see how things go.

These include some general rules for living:

Physical: Exercise regularly, eat a well balanced diet, don't do addictive drugs (including too much coffee), if you use alcohol do so in moderation, take some vitamins and supplements (not too many), and get enough sleep.

Metaphysical: Do something with your life that you are passionate about, contribute to a mission or calling higher than yourself, surround yourself with loved ones and supportive people, act with courage and overcome fear, love and appreciate others, and avoid joyless striving.

Good luck!

Previous
what symptoms warrant treatment??
Next
viread with videx

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.