what symptoms warrant treatment??

If my numbers are good, CD4 ~995 and VL low what type of syptoms would warrant treatment:

I was infected in Jul, 2002. I suffer from mild nueropathy in legs/feet, constant muscle aches with elevated CPKs, re-occurring oral ulcers many different skin problems (facial dermatitis, folliculitis, pigmentation, warts) and most recently PGL (groin, below jaw right now). Please advise.

thanks,

David

Even though the viral load is low and CD4 counts are high treatment should be considered in view of these symptoms. Unless there is an alternative explanation for these problems they may be HIV-related and may respond to antiretroviral therapy. If you begin treatment and these issues resolve, then you have the answer. On the other hand if you initiate therapy and nothing changes, then you have you answer as well. The decision to start therapy really depends on the severity and significance of these symptoms and their impact on your life. Treatment is not without risks and should not be started unless there is a major commitment to adhere to the regimen while on therapy. The risk, of course, of nonadherence is potential development of viral resistance to the medications.

Best of luck and let us know how things turn out.

symptomatic hiv infection
Feel Like Crap