re: correlation beteen HIV and fungus

I am HIV positive and was recently prescribed a cream by my doctor to rid myself of ringworm on parts of my arms and neck. However, considering that ringworm is a fungus and therefore treatable, why is it that whenver I stop applying the topical cream to the infected areas, the ringworm reappears in a matter of days? Is ringworm curable? Will it ever go away? Should I be taking some other medication? By the way, I am on Clotrimazole.

Thank you for answering my incessant questions.

A.

Thanks for your question.

Ringworm (fungal skin infections) can be very troubling to treat. Topical clotrimazole is a typical treatment, though it can take weeks to see optimal results. After a period, I'd also want to know just how sure we are of the diagnosis of ringworm-- sometimes a skin biopsy is required to make a definitive diagnosis.

A key question is what you're CD4 count is doing-- if it's very low, HIV treatments are usually needed in addition to the fungal ones.

Good luck, BY

Restarting Med
Viral loads down and cell count down equals what?