May 30, 2004
my 17 yr. old daughter has hepatitis B should i be tested also .how do you get this please help me
| Response from Dr. Young
Hepatitis B can be transmitted from mother to child (as well as through blood products, shared needles and occasionally, sexually). I can't tell you how your daughter contracted HBV, but if in doubt, I'd have your doctor run routine screening tests.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Moles On Your Vagina Cause Cervical Cancer?
- Can You Get Genital Warts On Your Mouth?
- Does Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding Mean I Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.