which drug is the best
May 30, 2004
My viral load is 115,000 and my t-cell is 375. should i start treatment or should i wait?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your question.
Assuming that you're currently asymptomatic, you don't need to start treatment immediately.
However, with a CD4 count of 375 (just above guideline recommendations of 350) and a relatively high viral load, the time to starting antiretrovirals is soon and you should have a discussion with your doctor about your options and plans for monitoring your health.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hepatitis From Fecal Matter?
- Chances Of Contracting Hiv After One Unprotected Exposure
- How Long Can The Hiv Virus Live In The Heat?
- Can You Be A Registered Nurse If You Are Hiv Positive?
- Will Genital Warts Eventually Go Away And Not Flare Up Again?
- Syphilis From Receiving Fellatio
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.