Attachment inhibitor progress

Last October I participated in a one week phase one study of an attachment inhibitor whose number escapes me. We took high doses for one week. This was the first hiv med I had taken. My t-cells jumped by 200 in that week and the only side effect was that we all slept better. We weren't drowsy, we just slept better. The most current article I can find on the subject is 2 years old. How's the research coming?

Thanks for your question, and most importantly, thanks for your participation in the clinical study.

"Attachment" inhibitors are probably best called entry inhibitors-- they come in a variety of names and types at this point; though the CCR5 inhibitors are in the most advanced clinical studies at this point. Schering-Plough's SCH-C and SCH-D are in phase 2 or 3 currently and several other companies have lead compounds. With so many in development, I'd bet that one of them will make it past FDA approval in the next couple of years. BY

HIV to AIDS
ANY HELPER IN INDIA ESPECIALLY IN MUMBAI