Drug interuption after 19yrs. pos. CD4s always have been 375 and up in 400s, do I go back?

14 months ago I topped my meds because of hospitalization for dehidration from diarrea. Doc told me to start back on meds as soon as I felt back to normal. I just had a odd blank NO happen. So I have always had good blood results and my viral went from 0 to 60,000 and cd4 dropped from 600s to 390 then to 500 and now at 500; not checking viral load. Watching to make sure they don't drop to 350 or lower. I would like to go as long as I can with out. But am looking at Viramune,viread,emtriva if I start back sooner as in some time soon befor I drop, thought as long as above 400 stay off. I am single and not sexually active, realize I am more infectous if something unsave happens. Was on viramune before with crixavan,zerit,and stavudine-have lipo in the face. Had resistance to all the older drugs in AZT class. Last was viramune Kaletra epivire. So if I go back I would like to keep it as simple as possible and also stay unsupportive of norvir and its companys other drugs. Do you think I should get back on meds or wait till CD4s dictate? My doc is letting it go unless I drop into 300s. He alwaays asks if I might be ready??, however. Well what do you think?

Response from Dr. Lee

Sounds like you are in a pretty stable spot with your CD4's and may have some "wiggle room" to remain off rx, while keeping a close eye on your immune markers (ex- CD4 count). I am unsure what you mean by "resistance to all the older drugs in AZT class".

Sounds like you are pretty savvy about all this. I recommend you and your doc continue to watch your levels and discuss the situation regularly.

Be well.

Atazanavir will improve lipo?