t-cell count

My recent blood tcell count dropped from 1050 to 850. While I know the number is still in the normal range, could the number vary that much or is it something I should be concerned about? My doctor said something about a 10 to 15% error or fluctuation in tcell count and he didn't seem concerned. My viral load is and has been undetectable.

Response from Dr. Lee

The T cell count which is generally reported is an absolute number that is calculated from a percentage. Therefore it can fluctuate. (Even more so at the higher levels.) Sometimes it is more helpful to follow the T4 or CD4 percentage which tends not to fluctuate as much. Your levels with an undetectable viral load are not concerning.

Be well.

Over medication??
taking a break