can you pinpoint the years by CD4

My roomate was dx with the HIV on 2002. At that time her CD4 was around 240-260 (I know the doctor said a few more months or so she would have been considered to have had AIDS, decline in count). I am not certain what the viral load was, but that was low too. Supposely she contracted this 1 year prior. Is it possible for the virus to have spread so rapidly within 1 year?

Thanks for your question.

It's very difficult to accurately pinpoint the time of HIV infection from lab tests; about all that I can say is that it's very likely that your roommate probably does not have acute (very recent) HIV infection. Having a low CD4 count suggests that the infection has been there for some time, probably greater than a year, but again this is highly variable. BY

Re: STI article and acute infection
don't need aids drugs