Natural Anti-HIV Substances

Dear Doctor Pierone, Thank you for running the best HIV web site on the internet!

I am hoping that you, or one of your colleagues, can shed light on this report from last July that indicates that inexpensive anti-HIV substances are proving their ability to lower viral load and raise CD4+ T cells for "a penny a day". I am most interested in getting the name and contact information for someone from the Ford Foundation that is overseeing this project and performing the viral load and CD4+ T cell measurements. Here is what I heard: http://discover.npr.org/rundowns/rundown.jhtml?prgDate=7/9/2003&prgId=14

On July 9th, 2003 The Tavis Smiley show, (on NPR 91.5 FM in Chicago) Tavis interviewed Andrew Young, former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations. Mr. Young had the following to say about Bush's recent visit and the United State's global AIDS initiative:

----+----|----+----|----+----|----+----|----+----|----+----|----+----|----+----|

Smiley: I think that it is fair to say that there are mixed feelings in Black America about President Bush being in Africa, as we speak. What's your sense of this trip being taken by our President?

Young: Well, I'll tell you. I think Bush's instincts are pretty good when he knows the situation. And I have encouraged him to go to Africa. Ah.. he's going to Africa earlier in his term, almost than any other president. So there is still time for him to get to know Africa and do something.

One of the things that I appreciate is that he has put the emphasis on is trade. And the volume of trade in Africa... with Africa and the U.S. has increased to 29 billion dollars. This is as large as it has ever been. I think the presence of African oil resources, and the difficulties in the Middle East, point to a new strategic significance to Africa, that I think he will realize.

He's talking a lot about AIDS.

Ah... and AIDS is seriously a problem in Africa. But the truth of it is that Africa is going to go on.

Ah... and... the resources will still be there, the people will still be there, and the needs will still be there.

And... ah... Africans will learn to deal with AIDS.

I was in Senegal a few... well... last month... and traditional healers, under the supervision of western physicians, using local herbs, were curing AIDS.

Ah... and the Ford Foundation did the blood testing, and sent the blood-work back to the U.S.

Ah... and there was no question that people who had a high viral load of HIV found that viral load going down, and their low T cell count ah... coming back up to normal... as a result of low cost herbs. In fact... in the clinic they charge 30 cents ah... for a months supply... about a penny a day.

And this is a far cry than anything... from anything that we're talking about in Western Medicine. There will be some answers to this problem. And I hope that President Bush's visit will give him not only an appreciation for the problems of Africa, but an appreciation of Africa as a continent with enormous possibilities. In fact I am convinced that Africa is the missing- link in the global economy.

The above was broadcast nationwide. Either Andrew Young is mistaken, or cheap effective anti-HIV substances exist.

I have tried several times to contact the Tavis Smiley show and Andrew Young. They do not return e-mail.

I went looking through the internet for any information that might support Mr. Young's claim. I found the following, though I can't say that they are related:

http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/061800/hea_0618000001.shtml

http://www.trafford.com/robots/01-0534.html

http://www.ipath.org/main.html

Many thanks (again) for your hard work!

Tom

Andrew Young is mistaken. No one is curing AIDS currently. Not with herbs, not with drugs, not even under Western medical supervision. There may well be African herbs with antiretroviral activity, and if these results are being verified by the Ford Foundation we may be hearing about them at an upcoming medical conference (or perhaps not).

Aussie Vaccine
calanolide A