What to expect

I have a cousin who is positive and most likeley will be starting a drug regiment soon. He's worried about a lot of things but mostly about the side effects of treatment. He is a self employed contractor so the question is on average how long will it take to adjust to side affects? I realize everybody is different but will he be able to go back to work in a reasonable amount of time? Thanks you for your time. Your work here is much appreciated by all.

Thanks for your question.

If well selected, most current HIV treatment regimens cause very few short term side effects. I usually advise my patients to start their treatments, if possible on a Friday, to allow the weekend to adjust to any side effects.

The key thing is that your cousin has the ability to contact his doctor (or other healthcare provider) in the event that he does develop any side effects or has questions about how to minimize the effects.

Thanks for reading and your kind comments. BY

Please recommend a doctor for 2nd opinion!
Do Meds Help PN?