opv theory?

Hey Dave,

The OPV/HIV theory was never truly disproven (oral polio virus vaccine cause of HIV in humans.

The only evidence provided that this theory is bad is that three samples of the old vaccine were tested for the presence of HIV viral DNA and RNA, and none was found. But obviously if HIV hitched a ride on this vaccine, it wouldn't be present in all of the samples, or even most or even many of the samples. We're talking maybe some of the samples.

Plus, if we are to accept that SIV jumped to humans via polio vaccine (using monkey kidney cells) or through some sort of natural exposure, we accept the strong possibility that since there was no screening method for SIV in these vaccines, that even if it jumped naturally, it also must have been present in SOME of these samples. Monkey DNA was found in some of them, just not the type of monkey that was consistent with the exact OPV/HIV theory. But maybe both sides are somewhat right and somewhat wrong. Either way, natural exposure could not be avoided, but HIV resulting from a vaccine could have. And to dismiss this is reprehensible, because if certain practices in medicine are potentially harmful to us, we need to know the whole story.

Hi

I am no expert in the orgins of HIV. Rather, I spend my time trying to get the genie back in the bottle. Much of what I have read about this is in the press. As you know a recent report in the journal Nature discredits the oral polio vaccine connection. Details can be found at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/23/science/23HIV.html and http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/recent/vaccine/091001e.html

please have mercy, do i need pcr?
Acute Hepatitis B Question