New to meds, need some advice

Hello. I have two questions.

About six weeks ago, I started meds: Reyataz, Videx EC, and Epivir. At the time, my VL was 187,000 and CD4 at 255. Although I have only been poz about a year (and know when I was infected), blood work always came back erratic, and I decided (on advice from my docs) to begin meds.

I have followed my dosing very carefully, never deviating by more than an hour each day.

Four weeks into meds, my VL was 1020, and CD4 at 649, so I (and my docs) are very pleased.

1st Question: Generally speaking, what is the time frame for the meds to reach their maximum effectiveness? 2 months? 3? 6?

2nd Question: I know garlic suppliments are an issue with PIs. I stopped taking my vitamin altogether when I started meds and wanted to start again. I only take a half dose (I try to get the rest through a very balanced diet, and don't like such high doses of vitamin A). The half dose (1 pill) of the vitamin contains 25 mg of garlic(allium sativa). This seems like such a small amount. Is it okay to begin my vitamins again?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Glad to hear that you are doing well on therapy. In general, it takes between 8 weeks and 6 months after starting treatment for the viral load to become undetectable. I don't think that there will be any problem with you taking a low dose of garlic with your regimen. Good luck!

radiation and HIV
Hepatitis G "treatment"