Post diagnosis memory loss

My partner was diagnosed HIV+ near the end of December 2003. On January 11, 2004 he began getting very confused and losing his memory. For about 9 days he was behaving almost like an individual with Alzheimers. After about 9 days he began to come back to reality. He is unable to remember things from recent and distant past prior to the 9th day. He doesn't even remember having a relationship with me. He just knows that I'm a familiar person to him. Every doctor, neurologist, and therapist has said that its probably PTSD from his HIV diagnosis. I know that's common, but is striking 3wks to a month after the diagnosis common? It's now been over 1 month since the onset, will he ever remember who I am. He treats me like a stranger. Is hypnosis an option? Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

I have not encountered a situation quite like the one that your partner is going through. I assume that he has had a thorough medical evaluation (MRI brain, vascular studies of brain, lumbar puncture, syphilis test, etc) and if this was done and all tests were negative, there is a possibility of post traumatic stress syndrome. Other elements that might help sort things out are his age, additional medical problems, psychiatric history, and use of medications or recreational drugs. How is he doing now and has his situation improved?

"Undetectable" questions
Seeking help with my next option