CD4 / Viral Load
Apr 11, 2004
I tested HIV-positive in January, newly diagnosed. I just got my first viral load result, but I am waiting for the result of my first CD4 count. My viral load is 183,000 copies. Is it possible to have a CD4 count above 200 with a high viral load like mine? Have you seen such cases? What are the chances that my CD4 count may be above 200 with a viral load of 183,000 copies? I have no illnesses, but I have a few enlarged lymph nodes. Is that a good sign that my CD4 count could be above 200?
Response from Dr. Boyle
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Does Gonorrhea Cause Cervical Cancer?
- Does Washing Up After Sex Prevent Std's?
- How Long Does It Take For The Results Of A Hepatitis B Test?
- What Part Of The Body Is Affected By Hepatitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.