Question on who infected who

In June 2003 my nice found out she was pregnant and was diagnosed pos at the same time. The father of her child also tested pos. The difficulty is that although my niece insists that she was infected by her boyfriend, the results showed tht the boyfriend has a CD 4 count of 450 and VL 112 while my niece has CD 4 of 600+ and VL 9800. The question is is it possible that my niece actually infected her boyfiend? Please help me understand

Thanks for your question.

It's very difficult for me to guess who was infected first. Both your niece and her boyfriend have relatively high CD4 counts and relatively low viral loads, either could have been infected for some time. Sorry I can't be more precise. BY

Making Sense of High Viral Load Results
just beginning