Question on who infected who
Apr 11, 2004
In June 2003 my nice found out she was pregnant and was diagnosed pos at the same time. The father of her child also tested pos. The difficulty is that although my niece insists that she was infected by her boyfriend, the results showed tht the boyfriend has a CD 4 count of 450 and VL 112 while my niece has CD 4 of 600+ and VL 9800. The question is is it possible that my niece actually infected her boyfiend? Please help me understand
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your question.
It's very difficult for me to guess who was infected first. Both your niece and her boyfriend have relatively high CD4 counts and relatively low viral loads, either could have been infected for some time. Sorry I can't be more precise. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.