4 months tratment VL 8K
Apr 11, 2004
Hi I have been taking Nevirapine, Lamivudine and stavudine for 4 months, starting VL 500K CD4 110 10,now VL 8K CD4 430 19, but results taken with heavy cold. Doctor said wait 2 months before making any decisions, correct? Thanks
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your question.
If your most recent viral load tests were drawn when your were ill, it's difficult to judge whether the viral load of 8000 is significant or not (this is why I ask my patients to wait at least a couple of weeks after colds to have tests done).
Waiting a while is ok, but it's my practice to get a follow up lab set no more than a month after the first abnormal. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Hpv Genital Wart Be Detected In A Pap Smear?
- When You Have A Herpes Break Out How Long Does It Take To Get Blisters?
- What To Do If Antibiotics Not Helping Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Color Are Genital Herpes Lesions?
- What Can Herpes Be Mistaken For?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.