Waiting with treatment considering alternatives

Dr Young.

I was infected last august and tested positive this january (vl 1500 cd4 1200). In cooperation w my HIV-specialist i will wait and see the development of the infection (and hoping for better and less toxic meds in the future).

In the meantime i would like to maintain health as good and as long as possible, so i've read hundreds of internetpages w advices on how to do that.

I came across Grouppe Kurosawa (www.grouppekurosawa.com) and was surprised since the level of knowledge seems deeper and more detailed than other alternative pages i've found. The scientific documentation also seems relatively presice and well on most points that are made in their advices.

I am considering to use some of the advices from "Simplified treatment protocol for HIV infections" (www.grouppekurosawa.com/therapy.htm). I already take doses of Green tea tablets w the active compund EGCG.

If you have the time to look closer at these pages, do you think their advices represent alternatives i could consider to try to remain healthy and maybe slow progression of the infection?

Thanks for your advices.

Tom

Tom, I'm skeptical of the claims.

Remember that the supplement industry is essentially unregulated and the claims to efficacy and safety are largely not supported by our own Food and Drug Administration (the very agency that is sometimes critized for not looking closely enough at antiretroviral medications-- medications that clearly can supress HIV and improve immune function).

I would advise you to definitely make sure that your diet is good; use this time to get all of the usual vaccinations (like hepatitis A and B, pneumococcal vaccine) and/or treatment of chronic hepatitis.

Since persons with HIV are living longer and longer, and we've are growing more concerned about non-AIDS-related causes of illness, this is also a good time to get help with smoking, high blood pressure and diabetes (just as examples).

Thanks for reading. BY

If treatment is MY decision,why am I told NO?
Adherence issues