swollen neck gland

hi! I have my left neck gland swollen for almost one year(I guess since seroconversion). you can feel it with fingers but not on sight, it is painless. I started with meds (combivir and stocrin) before two months with 300 cd and VL around 600.000.Two weeks after starting treatment my %Cd went from 19,1 to 25. I will have new tests in 2 weeks. NOw I am curious, since my gland is still swollen, and I still dont have new tests of VL, is it possible that swalling is caused by drug resistant virus. Thanx.

Thanks for your question.

Having a swollen lymph node after starting on HIV therapy is not too uncommon, and the gland may persist for some time-- even after reaching undetectable viral loads in blood.

So, this finding only 2 weeks after starting therapy is not atypical, in my view and does not forecast drug resistance. The only way to be sure about the later is to not have a drop in your viral load (or not to achieve undetectable levels).

Good luck, thanks for reading. BY

kaletra and combivir
If treatment is MY decision,why am I told NO?