Nadir CD4/CD8 ratio and CD4 counts: within the norm?

Many thanks for the wonderful work you do on this forum.

My CD4/CD8 ratio has been at 1 or 1.1 from the time of infection a couple of years ago...is the very low normal ratio still a sign of some - even mild - immune damage and how common is it that someone's CD4/CD8 ratio does not actually invert in a 2 years time frame from infection? (mine came close when it is sometimes at 1, but usually is 1.1 or 1.2 at a good time). Have you seen or heard of this in untreated patients and is it fairly common?

Lowest CD4 count was 600 in this time frame, currently just over 900 - I was wondering how this lowpoint for CD4's compares with the norm....have you seen cases where people's ratios do not invert and where CD4'sdo not drop below normal, even during primary infection?

I am treatment naive, though have a range of symptoms,including angular cheilitis.

Sincerely.

Thanks for your question.

I'm not really an immunologist, but from my point of view, your CD4/CD8 ratios look great. It's actually pretty unusual to see ratios in excess of 1, but over time, we do see ratios drift downward.

I wouldn't worry at all about the minor fluctuations (between 1.0 and 1.2) that you mention-- the really significant stuff happens with ratios much lower (like 0.5). BY

Should I remain optimistic?
Crossroads