missed a dose

Dr Young:

I ask you this question becaise tiome is of the essence and you are often the fastest one to answer.

I just realized that I missed my morning dose of kaletra (though I took my emtriva and the other one whose name escapes me.) I just took my evening dose of 3. Should I double up on my kaletra (take 3 more now in the evening for a total of 6) or wait and just take my dose tommorow am. Kevin

Kevin-

Thanks for your question. There's no right or wrong answer to your question. If this isn't or hasn't been a frequent issue for you, I'd probably just skip the dose and take the three Kaletras in the evening.

There is a preliminary study that shows that taking 6 Kaletra once-daily has similar potency, though significantly increased side effects.

The key issue is to be somewhat introspective and ask yourself if there was any correctable reason that you missed the morning dose-- do you use a pill box? did you run out of the Kaletra? Anything that you can do to minimize future missed doses will be an investment well made.

Good luck, thanks for reading. BY

recent data suggesting long term toxicity?
Anonymous Dr. visit?