Treatment Or Cure?

I was unsure as to which forum this question belongs, so forgive me if I chose incorrectly. My question concerns HIV research. There are new drugs appearing every year for the continuing treatment of HIV/AIDS, but are there still researchers who are working toward an actual cure? It seems that research has turned toward treatment, and away from finding a way to eliminate the virus altogether. I realize that the right combination of drugs can greatly reduce the replication of the virus, but ultimately, the virus doesn't actually die. Are we really working for a cure, or would you say that we have "settled" for treatment? Please don't misunderstand me, I am astonished at the progress that has been made over the last decade, but I just never seem to hear anyone talking about a cure anymore. Is it simply unrealistic? Thank you so much for your time and thoughts. Every doctor who contributes to this site has, in my opinion, gone far beyond his or her hypocratic oath. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Boyle

Yes, there is still a lot of research looking for a "cure". This research involves potential methods to clear the viral reservoir that leads to persistence of HIV despite long-term, effective treatment. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that that research will actually find a successful strategy for many, many years.

Combivir+Stocrin
Norvir booster?