|News on the best combo for first timers.
Apr 1, 2004
Hi, There has been recent news about taking ZDV,3TC, and EFV for patients starting meds for the first time. This combo is supposed to be the most efficient and with low toxicity. What do you think? And can this combo be taken once a day?
| Response from Dr. Lee
This combo is a good option for beginning therapy. BUT DO NOT TAKE IT ONCE A DAY! ZDV (AZT, Retrovir) has not been suggested as a once daily dosing. The suggested dosing for ZDV is every 12 hours or twice daily. Although the other meds in the combo may be taken in once daily dosing. Remember, it is important to take the medications carefully and by the clock.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Risk Of Getting HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Topping Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.