Mar 24, 2004
I am been taken Viramune/ combivir twice a day for three month no complications and doing well, in the long run how effective is this convination?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
It should be very effective long-term. Our medical team has several patients that have been on this combination for more than 5 years with no signs of toxicity or viral breakthrough. There have been no long term comparative trials of Combivir/Sustiva vs Combivir/Viramune but Sustiva and Viramune have similar potency. Viramune has more liver toxicity than Sustiva, and if it does occur, tends to do so within the first 2 months of therapy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can I Drink Alcohol With Combivir And Viramune?
- Can You Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Achy Balls After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.