THE RIGHT DOCTOR

I was diagnosed with HIV 8 months ago and have taken no drugs yet, but have started to see a doctor. I recently got sick-a throat and ear infection. My doctor prescribed Biaxin for me to take and I already feel better. Not until I began taking this, however, did I realize that it was an anti-biotic specifically for patients with certain AIDS related symptoms. He never explained this to me. He just said it was an antibiotic to clear up my infections. I am going back to see him in 2 weeks, but I feel as though he's just trying to push certain types of drugs on me that will get my body use to certain meds that are specific to my condition so that he can get me to start taking drugs so I become dependent on these before I've even had the chance at discussing alternative forms of therapy, thus becoming yet another patient immediately supporting the drug industry without the option any longer to seek out other forms of therapy. Am I just being paranoid? I don't like the fact that a doctor did not describe in specific detail what I was going to take. Now I feel as though he's leading me down a path I was not ready to go.Should I change doctors? He's an expert in the field who has been treating people with HIV/Aids since the start of this epidemic. I'm not sure what to do. Please help.

Sorry, but you are just being paranoid. Biaxin is just an antibiotic used commonly to clear up upper respiratory infections. It also has activity against MAC (an AIDS-related opportunistic infection) as part of combination therapy, but is used much more commonly for routine infections.

Friend died from PML
Hiv 2 therapy is not that great?