Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

just diagnosed

Hi- I just wanted to say what a great thing you guys are doing and the compassion and knowledge you all bring to this forum it truly is a relief- if thats the word- Anyway I was wondering would it be normal to see OI's 4 months after infection? Also in the mouth where is the most likely place for KS to appear- I read it had a predicliction for the hard palate, soft palate and on the gingivia..... also I had some purple dots the inside of my checks for your time but scratched them and they disappeared and now just come up on one side of my mouth..... I know wait to talk with the docs.... thanks for your knowledge and compassion- it is a support in times of despair.

sad.

It is unusual to experience opportunistic infections early in the course of HIV infection. Just as there are long-term non-progressors, there are short-term rapid-progressors who experience a high viral load and a quick drop in CD4 cells. Also, some people do get a transient drop in their CD4 cell counts during acute HIV infection that an OI develops. If you have a really high viral load 4 months after infection, it could be your CD4 cell counts are now low.

I can not tell you if what you are seeing in your mouth is KS. From what you describe, I think not. I agree with your plan to check in with your doctor. Your CD4 counts should be measured every 3-4 months along with a viral load.

Staggered beginning
does this mean, sti's dont or will never work?