combivir once a day
Mar 14, 2004
Is it okay to take combivir just once a day? Also taking sustiva once a day, no prior meds.
Response from Dr. Wohl
Nope. Keep it twice a day. If you have trouble with the 2 times a day thing and your viral load is very low on your current regimen then you may be a candidate for replacing the AZT in Combivir with one of the once a day nucleosides such as tenofovir or abacavir or ddI-EC. There are very impressive data looking at tenofovir + 3TC + Sustiva and this has become a popular choice.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dizziness An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.