off meds for 6 mos!!

Dear Dr.,

I quit my my meds last oct. without dr. approval. I have some resistance issues, and the ones I can take make me feel crappy!!. My dr. is very pro drugs, and I don't particulary like him or the staff!! They are big drama queens. It's almost 6 mos off without blood work. I hate the thought of calling them to say I've been on a holiday!! my last vl was 2000 and cd4 over 700. Should I call right away? wait a awile? mj.

Response from Dr. Lee

What I think you really need to do is find another doctor! The fact that you "don't particularly like him or the staff" means that you do not feel partnered with an advisor, but rather adversarial. This is not a good situation for someone who has a potentially lethal disease that requires close monitoring and careful evaluation of treatment options. (PS Probably should check your status fairly soon to see what's up or down with your CD4's.)

Be well.

confusion, what to do next PLEASE HELP