oral thrush

My Tcells are at 490...2 months ago 560 and 4 months ago 330. I am noticing a stick white film in my mouth on some days. I have actually noticed this for years(not sure how long I have been positive). Some days its really bad and I can actually wipe it out with a piece of tissue. Its just sticky white strainds. I also seem to have nasty taste like I have bad breath all the time..but no one says I have bad breath..not sure if they would..ha ha. Can this be a fungus....how do you check for this...and can they check when I dont have the sticky white film in my mouth. Can this thrush affect my stomach and cause gas, cramps also? My doctor didnt even check me when I mentioned it to him cause he said my tcells were so high. He said it sounds like my nasal passage is dripping to much so he put me on allegra. Your thoughts thanks

A lot of people normally have a white or yellow coating on the tounge. However, after the diagnosis of HIV, many individuals, understandably, find themselves looking in the mirror and sticking their tounge out at themselves wondering if this coating is a sign of impending doom. It is not.

Thrush is when the yeast that normally lives in our mouths over grows. It starts to form not just on the tounge but on the cheeks or the other red surfaces of our mouths or throats. It can also involve the foodpipe making swallowing difficult or painful. Typically it appears white or yellow but it can less commonly also look very red (like a sunburn in your mouth).

It is possible you have become overly aware of your coated tounge. I suggest you brush your tounge when you brush your teeth. Also, mouth wash may help with the taste. If you see white patches on other surfaces make your doctor look (he does not make you say ahhh? What kind of doctor is this?). DW

Recently tested positive
Need advice urgently