Can you be off a few minutes on medications

I am currently on a regiment of combivir and sustiva. I take my medication 12 hours apart, i.e. I take my combivir tablet at 9:00 a.m. and then take another combivir and sustiva tablet at 9:00 p.m. How much time on either side is an acceptable issue, let's say I didn't take it until 9:30 p.m. instead of 9:00. Is 30 minutes or even an hour going to make any difference or lead to resistance? The reason I ask is sometimes, it would be easier to wait the 30 minutes, til I get home, out of the car, or other logistical issues but don't want to be foolish and become resistant. I don't want to seem narotic but just don't want to put myself at unnecessary risk, if it does matter about being precise. How much time is between medications is close enough and still be considered adherent.

Thanks

Taking your Combivir 12 to 13 hours apart should not place you at risk for developing resistance. I would try and not let it go beyond an hour late though.

Keep up teh good work. DW

SERONEGATIVE
Trizivir