Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

really scared

I guess this question is a difficult one but please help me with anything you can offer- Me and my girlfriend (Thai) studying here in the states- went through a period we thought she was HIV positive- shes pregnant now and we have been tested at around 3 months and came out negative but Ive developed these purple dots on the side of my mouth and Ive gone into a spiral of fear about HIV kaposi's sarcoma my doctor says they arent KS but I have this feeling they are- I mean I never had purple dots on the side of my mouth before... really I feel close to suicide I really dont know what to do and was wondering if you could help me...

really scared.

Thanks for your question.

A negative HIV test in this situation is very highly predictive of no HIV. But, it seems to me that you're quite concerned about the new skin lesions (having increased pigmentation around pregnancy is not uncommon and a normal thing)-- I'd have you speak to your doctor about the skin lesions.

Good luck. BY

CD4 number slow to rise
when to start drugs