Early HIV treatment
Feb 26, 2004
Dear Dr Pierone,
I have the early symptoms of HIV, sore throat, white tongue, abdominal discomfort, burning tingleing sensation in the legs, tenderness in the groin area that would not go away. Dose it mean that I am a rapid progressor and should I start medication right away. I know that medical professionals who get infected accidentally are getting immediate treatment. What kind of treatment are they receiving and for how long. I was infected 1 month ago. Thank you very much in advance for your kind respond. Peter
Response from Dr. Pierone
Treatment of HIV depends on many factors including viral load, CD4 count, symptoms. If you have been exposed to HIV and are worried about possible infection then I would refer you the forum on modes of transmission of HIV and testing. Good luck!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.