Length till oral thrush???
Feb 26, 2004
Hello doctor YOUNG, I was curious; when does oral thrush usually come to people, is it when the cd4 count is pretty low, does this take years after infection generally???
Thank you very much
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your question.
Thrush can affect persons with HIV at many levels of CD4-- the risk tends to increase as counts fall below 500 and especially below 200 cells.
The time with which it takes to see thrush varies from person to person, and indeed, other factors (like stress or other infections) can make thrush appear sooner. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Have Aids Or Hiv What Would Show Up Abnormal In Blood Tests?
- What Would Cause False Positive Syphilis Blood Test?
- What Kind Of Doctor Should I See For Hpv?
- What Do I Do When My Shingles Scab Over?
- What Do Herpes Outbreaks Look Like On The Body?
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.