Please comment On My New Combo
Feb 26, 2004
I have been on Emtriva/Viread/Viramune (Once a Day)for a couple months now.
What is the latest on this combo?
Response from Dr. Pierone
I like this combination. No data on it from clinical trials, but it appears to work well in the real world. Viramune has been around a long time and its main drawback is liver toxicity. Most of the liver side effects happen in the first two months and people need to be monitored for liver side effects. Beyond this time point liver problems may still occur, but are quite rare. Our team takes care of hundreds of people that have been doing well on Viramune-based therapy for many years.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Thrush The Same As Chlamydia?
- How Long Can The Hiv Virus Live In Extreme Temperature?
- How Long Does It Take To Notice Hiv Symptoms After Contact?
- What Is A Good Viral Load And T-cell Count For Someone With Hiv?
- When They Do The Hiv Blood Test Do They Also Check For Herpes?
- What Antibiotics Can Be Used To Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.