First Steps when diagnosed HIV-Positive?

I live in Thailand and my brother-in-law recently learned that he was HIV-Positive, he found out only when his wife became gradually more sick until, about 3 weeks ago, she was diagnosed with the virus--she has just been sent home from the hospital because the Doctors feel that they can do no more for her--my question is, what avenues are available for my Brother-in-law at this, unfortunately it seems, rather late stage; as far as I'm aware he is not, as yet, displaying any symptoms;I hope that you can offer some advice as the whole family are, understandably, very worried for him.

Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. I know that antiretroviral medication is available in Thailand through government sponsored programs that produce generic antiretrovirals. His doctor should be able to guide him into the system so that he can start therapy (if his blood tests indicate that it is time to start).

New drugs on horizon?
still trying to understand the numbers