RE:RE:follow up: 44d mutation & epiver question (feb 7)

comment: no need to post an answer.. just wanted you to know: <<It sounds like you may have an attack of dermatomal zoster (shingles).>> Yes, I did have shingles. WOW... you are one smart doc. It was confined to my right arm... and resolved with the use of Valtrex. Anyway, really want to get my VL, T-Cells done but doc said to wait 3-4 weeks cause the VL test might come back high?? Anyway.. hoping the Videx EC knocks me down to <50. Wanted to let you know you hit the nail on the head! Thanks! PS: Still having nerve/muscle pain in the arm... ouch!

I agree with waiting to repeat the viral load test. Shingles is reactivation of varicella-zoster virus (chickenpox virus acquired in childhood) and viral infections may cause minor spikes in viral load even in persons on therapy. The pain from shingles often takes a while (weeks or months) to resolve completely. Let us know how things go and good luck!

Low CD4, OK CD4 Count, Start Treatment?
Late doses.