Any hope for teh youth of the world?

Hi Dr. Pierone

I first must say that the doctors on the starting treatment forum are the best; My question is do you think that there will be a great decrease in the amount of youth infected with HIV in The UNITED STATES within the next 20 yrs. Do you think that these children that are being born now may some day have a vaccine. is it at all possible for a vaccine?????

Thanks

keep on helping, you are doing great.

Thanks for posting. I don't think there will be a great decrease in new HIV infections over the next 20 years, but I do think that there will be some reduction. It is very difficult to change sexual behavior, especially in individuals that consider themselves to be at low risk.

I do think that there will eventually be a vaccine for HIV, but not soon. At the recent Retrovirus conference one of the plenary sessions detailed some of the formidable challenges with vaccine development. Progress is being made, but much more slowly than one would hope.

the end of Amdoxovir?
Low CD4, OK CD4 Count, Start Treatment?