Tetrasilver Tetroxide (US Patent #5,676,977)

Dear Dr. Pierone, MD.

Recently you were asked online about the possibility that Tetrasilver Tetroxide was patented as a "cure" for AIDS/HIV. Your response was that it was a pesticide with "little hope" and you gave an EPA reference.

I would invite you to look at Dr. Marvin S. Antelman's background as a world renowned chemist, who patented the Tetrasilver, and now Tetracopper, TetraCobolt, (there are many other) Tetroxides multivalent crystal redox devices...as well as USPTO Patents pertaining to these devices as to their pharmaceutical efficacy against bacteria, fungus and viruses. Because these novel devices are miniature reduction/oxidation devices that have polyvalent cations in their crystall latices, they posess unique electrical activity, and activity against pathogens, unlike the mechanism of action of other anti-virals aimed at fusion inhibition or viral replication via those target sites (eg. cell surface receptors, GP41/GP120 or transcriptases) or the terrible toxic-poisons known as nucleoside-derivates...AZT might as well be the HIV equivalent to Uracil Mustard.

In your expert medical opinions, before to discount Ag404, Could you please review USPTO Patents (5,676,977)(6,645,531)(5,571,520) (5,336,499) & (6,258,385)...all relevant on Imusil (infusion) and Tetrasil(Tetrasil marketed as a topical ointment)..both Ag404...you're previous reference to the EPA compound was one of Dr. Antelman's earlier compounds used as an agent against bacteria in water sources. These newer compounds are formulated and being tested in vitro/vivo against HIV, Herpses, and other viral agents and bacteria and have shown great efficacy against the virus and associated infections in AIDS patients. You can contact Dr. Marvin S. Antelman yourself as well at the Weizmann Institute in Rehovot, Israel. impy@netvision.net.il.

I think its important to look at the data, the science, and the real possibility that the antivirals on the market including Fuzeon (Trimeris) may have a unique competitor that has fewer toxic effects, and a wide spectral activity against many human pathogens.

I would love to see/hear your response after reading thru those patents... If you would like to rephrase the reply to your last questionaire that it "doesn't look promising" after more thorough research, that would be delightful.

Not only is it "promising", it appears to work.

Best, Mark

I first thought that Tetrasil was just another harmless and ineffective treatment promoted by herb merchants. The patent reports are beyond imagination and show that this is really scary stuff!

Data are presented with intravenous infusions of Tetrasil in a clinic in Honduras for people with the "candidiasis etiological category of AIDS". Well, did they have HIV at all? One would never know from this "research report".

"All were terminal, some, however, were in moderate condition, and others in poor" What is this nonsense about terminal AIDS patients?

"...indicates whether hepatomegaly occurred. This was an unfortunate consequence of the treatment which resulted in enlarged livers in all patients except the second one" Unfortunate, indeed!

As I read this patent report detailing the "cure" or AIDS with Tetrasil my overwhelming sense was that the evidence presented would fail a 5th grade science project. But beyond that, the studies detailed were unethical to the exteme.

Stay away from this stuff like the plague!

See excepts below:

Five patients afflicted with AIDS of the candidiasis etiological category were segregated for Tetrasil treatment. The rationale for selecting them was based on facts presented in an article by Peter H. Duesberg and Brian J. Ellison entitled "Is The AIDS Virus A Science Fiction?" (Policy Review, Summer 1990 pp. 40-51).

Only the factual presentations of the article were utilized and the hypothesis of the authors was ignored. The facts presented in the article related to the method of selecting AIDS patients based on the five aforementioned etiological subgroups targeted by the CDC, and the evidence presented, that there is AIDS without HIV as well as with it so that an anti-viral agent in most instances will not necessarily restore the immunity system.

Evaluations with Tetrasil were conducted on AIDS patients at Lucha Contra el Sida, Comayaguela, Honduras. The patients two weeks prior to inoculation were removed from their AZT, AIDS therapy. Tetrasil was administered at approximately 40 PPM of blood volume per patient as a suspension in a proprietary buffer solution (pH=6.5), supplied by Holipharm Corporation.

The results of evaluations with candidiasis are tabulated in Table I under its disease category. All patients evaluated were terminal. Some, however, were in moderate (m) condition and others in poor (p) as designated in the Table. The I and F designations refer to initial and final values as shown. WBC indicates white cell blood count. The H column, following CD 8, indicates whether hepatomegaly occurred. This was an unfortunate consequence of the treatment which resulted in enlarged livers in all patients except the second one. Despite hepatomegaly, there was no interference with liver function.

Comment about your response to Janet on HIV-2 window period
HIV-1 and HIV-2 difference